I have been loving spring break. I am glad I didn't have to travel. I'm just hanging out at home. It has been good for me. Even in this down time, when I tend to think nothing worth posting about is going on, I look closer and realize several little milestones have been reached in the recent past, let me share.
- I voted on a reality TV show for the first time. (It was the Voice; I love that show.)
- I bought a song on iTunes without Tom for the first time. I am remembering how much I love music. My current favorite artist to listen to is Lenka. I also purchased some awesome, classic love songs to add to a playlist I'm working on. I have wanted the Unchained Melody for a long time. Now I have it.
- I ate daikon radish for the first time, loved it, bought one from the store, and didn't love it. If you have good daikon recipes, let me know. If not, then I can always put it in a stir-fry. Almost all vegetables are welcome in a stir-fry.
- I made lentil soup for the first time (I do love that Dutch oven from the last post).
- I made Oreo truffles for my dad's birthday, and we used cards to make a treasure hunt. The royalty were directions and the numbers told how far to go.
- For the first time in a long time, I went to a baby shower and didn't cry at all that day. Really! Not before or after. It was a big deal for me to go, an even bigger deal not to cry for the whole day. Maybe I'm getting better at ignoring. Maybe I'm coping well. Either way I consider it a little milestone.
- I read an action/adventure book with Tom. He's resisted reading together in the past. I broke him in with some light comedy, and we just finished Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. I've won him over. I miss my old book club so bad. If you ever want to read the same book as me and then talk about it, I would love that. :)
- I bought my first pair of hot pink shoes. They're running shoes, and I think the color does make me run faster.
- I almost finished my current oil painting. (check it out)
- For the first time that I can remember, I was sick enough to miss work. Then the paraprofessional in my classroom took over as part of preparing her for teaching next year, so I didn't teach those days either. Then I had some professional development to go so I missed more work. It is nice to know that, while it wasn't perfect, my classroom is set up enough to function without me.
- I took pictures of my little brother, Skyler, who is graduating High School this year!
- My other brother, Trezor, is dating a sweet girl named Katie.
This is why I love writing: it forces me to acknowledge the little but important things happening in my life. I love writing, and I love pictures. Hooray for blogs because we can have both. This time, however, you have to match the photos up with their bullet points. I didn't want to deal with sticking them in the right places.