Monday, August 30, 2010

Let Me Sum Up

I started school. Awww 1st grade. . . It's school all right. I have some really wonderful helpers: a paraprofessional, and a parent volunteer. They have done so much of the things I never get to. That's nice because I don't feel quite as on my game as I would like to. I'm sure I'll get better as the year goes on. Part of me wants to be home taking care of a baby and not teaching, but I'm doing my best.
We have good friends visiting us, and that has been fun.
I've been eating a lot of tomatoes from our garden. Yum! The tomato plants have produced more than I expected. Tom and I tried making salsa for the first time. It was a success. We are so good. No wonder we were the iron chefs of Park City. Speaking of Iron Chef, our cable is gone. I miss the Food Network. Wouldn't it be nice if you could pay just a small fee and get just the few channels that you want? TV is too expensive.
Tom and I are looking into buying a house/condo. It's weird to think that just a few months ago we were both looking at unemployment and moving back in with my parents. Our life sure changed fast. Now we're both working and looking at changing our rent to a mortgage payment. In many ways we have been blessed.
One of my good friends came back from her mission, and we got together and did art. It was so therapeutic for me. I am determined to do it more often. Over the summer (before Max was born) I started doing The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron with my mom and my sister. I think I will start that again soon. I think sometimes I drop important things when they are really the most important. I get busy and neglect my hobbies when they would help me to relax. I get busy and I stop exercising regularly when exercise would help me stay healthy and happy. I should get better at that.

4 comments:

  1. Did you pick out a first-day-of-school outfit the night before? I hope so! We miss the Food network too. Justin and I have decided that we'll know we're rich when we can watch "Chopped" (a FN show) again and buy real butter. MMMM someday. Love you Lovetta and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked out my 1st day outfit almost a week in advance. :) I miss Chopped, too! And sometimes I splurge on real butter... it's worth it for some things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream you, me & mom were all making those peanut butter cookie bars, it was so yummy! Jump back into the artists way with me sis! Love you, call me soon

    ReplyDelete