Monday, November 9, 2009

Blogging is Hard


Blogging is difficult for me. Tom wants me to write a blog post about why it's so difficult. He says he'll give me a grade. (He is certified, after all.) Do you see the irony? It's a blog post, so I can utilize things like bulleted lists. Here is my bulleted list of all the reasons blogging is hard:
  1. The autocorrect in a blog post is not as good as it is in Word.
  2. My life is only mildly interesting.
  3. It is hard to explain the interesting parts of my life without trying to catch you up on all the months that I haven't been blogging.
  4. Tom makes fun of me. He discredits all of the above reasons. (And he'll probably discredit any below, too)
  5. My fingernails are maybe a little too long to make typing comfortable.
  6. I have this urge inside me to be exceptionally clever or funny or interesting or poetic or something. That makes blogging very intimidating.
  7. No one reads a journal but you. I don't really know what kind of details I should leave out or include. I want to be honest, but not sound too grumpy. Optimistic, but not fake. When I write in my journal I don't have to worry about what impression people have of me. (At least not now.)
  8. People expect a good visual. Some sort of picture that matches the post. But I really do want to do some sort of picture that matches this post...
Tom says to me, "So you have no good reasons." I think that means I get a C-.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is hilarious that your number one reason is that the autocorrecting is not very good. Only you, Lovetta. But I have to say, I completely relate to numbers 2, 6, 7, and 8.

    ReplyDelete