Monday, March 15, 2010

Growing



Tom and I have one more reason to be excited for warm weather: gardens. I've been sick of the cold since just after Christmas, but now that we've started our own garden I'm more anxious than ever for the danger of frost to pass. This is our first time gardening on our own. Tom built two 4 ft by 4ft boxes that we're planning to fill with dirt and start planting in tomorrow. We want to grow salsa, so we want tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and basil. And we're also growing sugar snap peas, green beans, cucumbers and carrots. That's the plan anyway. Like I said, it's our first time, so if anything grows we'll be ecstatic, and if something doesn't grow we'll learn from our mistakes.

In other news, I totally have a baby belly. Some days I like it, and other days I have to remind myself over and over that I'm supposed to be gaining weight. I knew that would be a little hard, and it is; especially when people around me are trying to loose weight. The doctor told me that my growth is normal. That makes me feel good. Other people keep telling me that my body will never be the same again. It's for a good cause. Tom is sweet and likes my baby belly all the time. That makes it all a lot easier.
Now that you've seen a picture, what do you think "it" is? Boy or girl?

2 comments:

  1. lovetta, you are adorable!!!! enjoy your changing body, it is ALL worth it! its an amazing experience to be pregnant, even though A LOT of days you will hate it!! LOL!!
    MEg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for gardening! Very cool plans and nice work on the boxes, Tom.

    I love your belly pic! You are looking really good. Your body's changes are a beautiful reminder of the miracle it is performing for your baby <3 And, I've got to say from this picture you look like you've got a baby girl bump!!

    ReplyDelete