Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Little Max

Maximo Thomas was born on July 3, 2010. He lived for about 2 hours surrounded by loving friends and family. Please enjoy this slideshow created by a wonderful photographer from an organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.

EDIT: The video wasn't working properly after uploading to YouTube, so now you will have to click on this link in order to see it. Sorry!

He is so beautiful, isn't he? Look at his thick, black, curly hair. And his perfect big lips. And his chubby cheeks and double chin. Look at those little baby feet. Little baby toes. Little baby fingers. Little baby fingernails. While he was alive, he coughed a few times, grabbed, kicked, and opened one eye.

He was a little less chubby at the viewing. I tucked in the blanket and closed the coffin lid for my little boy. I think that is the saddest thing I've ever had to do.

I think you can sometimes tell a lot about what is going on in a person's life by studying their kitchen table. I think mine says a lot right now.


People have been very kind and sympathetic. We have a stack of cards. The flowers make my house smell nice. The box of tissues is very important. That manila envelope has the death records that we haven't put away yet. If you look closely, you may notice the scriptures behind the small vase of orange flowers. The gospel does provide some comfort. Speaking of comfort, those chocolate covered almonds are pretty comforting as well!

In other news, I finished that pastel piece. Here is the finished product.


And we have a beautiful bell pepper growing!

Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers.

8 comments:

  1. that video is beautiful!!!! you will cherish it always. what an awesome foundation, that is an amazing thing for people to do. hope you are doing well, let me know when you are up to getting together for a GNO!!! your an amazing person lovett!
    luvu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. What a beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video was beautiful, I'm so sorry you guys! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is much beauty in your life :-) Max is so precious in my heart and I cherish that video of you three. Hugs and love from us back in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love you guys! what a beautiful little angel you have! (i think he looks like his momma!) let us know if you guys need anything! we aren't far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful video and baby! I've been praying for you guys! Everyone here in Toledo sends their love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm still crying from that video. I'm SO glad you made a video so that you'll always be able to see him and remember. Did you get to nurse him at all? I've been praying that you'd be able to. I love those first pictures of his feet. They were perfect. I love baby feet. And I love the picture of you kissing his head. And my favorite is the one where he's holding Tom's hand - it looks like Max is smiling a little. :)
    I've been praying that you'd feel peace, and I hope you have felt it, are feeling peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The video is beautiful. My niece was stillborn due to anencephaly (no brain) and the organization "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" took some beautiful pictures and video that I know my sister-in-law and her family cherishes.

    Prayers will always be with you. The Lord is always with you.

    ReplyDelete