Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Festivities

We have a tradition in my family to go to the Orem Summerfest every year.  We went on Saturday.  This year is the first year it hasn't been raining since Tom and I have been married.  It actually felt like summer!  We did all sorts of wonderful summer things.  
Telisa and I rode the ferris wheel.
Telisa rode "the Tornado"
and "the Sizzler"
and... this ride.
Tom and I watching the parade.

Telisa is growing up.  She was riding the teenage rides more than the children's rides.  Tom and I enjoyed taking pictures.  I also loved looking at all the merchandise being sold and the artists displaying their work (I hope someday I will get to do that).  I bought a hat!  We all watched the parade, then we waited in long lines for fair food and had a two different booths run out on us.  But at long last we ended up with a funnel cake (mmmmm), some free cotton candy, a soft pretzel, and some steak and everything nachos which were very salty but yummy.  Last, we watched the fireworks.  Tom tried his hand at firework pictures.  I think these were successful, and I am trying to figure out which one to put as my new desktop.




Ahhh, summer!  I am determined to have a wonderful summer.  I get to teach a summer math enrichment class this week.  We are going to have fun and learn at the same time. (Just like regular school, right?) I am hoping it will still feel like mostly vacation time.  Class gets out at noon, and Tom can come pick me up around 3, so that means I have the fantastic opportunity to do some lesson planning for next year.  This summer I will do a lot of art, especially painting. (You can check out my art blog for updates.)  I also want to do a lot of cleaning and organizing.  We've been living in our condo since October, and we still have a few places of our house that are consistently messy.  I think we need to get a wardrobe, something to help organize bathroom supplies, and something to help with the top of my closet.  Lastly, I would love to replace the laminate and carpet in our kitchen area with tile.  If I can do all of that this summer, I will call it a super success and save the cruise for another time. 

1 comment:

  1. Summerfest looks like it was a blast! And I love that hat on you. Looks very summer-y. I hope you accomplish everything on your summer wish list!

    ReplyDelete