Sunday, July 3, 2011

In Memory of Max

So, it's been exactly one year since the birth and death of our son, Max.  I'd be lying if I didn't say that it has been an emotional roller coaster the whole time.  Father's Day was a nightmare, let's be honest.  I spent most of church balling due to a baby blessing and primary children singing.  Then, I had to teach a lesson in Elder's Quorum. >.<  Ooof.

Anyway, today was actually much more enjoyable than we thought it would be.  We did fairly well at church and Lovetta survived Girl's Camp this last week even though we thought it might be especially tough being so close to Max's birthday.

After church, we decided to take a trip down to his grave and we realized that some of you may not have seen the headstone yet!  For shame on us!  Here are some pics.




We miss him a lot.  I think that's an understatement, but it should make sense to you.  We always speculate on what our life would be like if he was still with us, but it's inadequate to try.  All we have is our life without him and we're trying to find some happiness in this world despite missing him.

Thanks to all who have expressed their love and support for us during this period of our lives.  You have no idea what you really mean to us.  We know that not everyone understands (or even wants to), so those of you that try are a great support to us.  You're all wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Lovetta, I think of you often!! I think you guys are amazing and strong. You have a special angel watching over you in heaven. Hope you are doing well, we need to try to get together again soon, we missed you!!!
    luvyou, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I'm so sorry that you guys have to miss him. :( :( It makes my heart ache. I can only imagine how your hearts must feel. :( Thank heaven for the gospel and a knowledge of what the next life holds. I may have already shared this w/ you, but death is only sad for us. For the spirits who get to move on, it's wonderful and busy. It really is like going on a mission. Just try to remember that he's on a long-to-you mission. :) And wow, just think of what important, exciting missionary work he must be doing right now! And I'm sure it has something to do w/ your family.

    (Before my grandpa joined the church, he died on the operating table for a few minutes, and when they revived him, he told the doctor, "I had the strangest dream." To which the doctor replied, "That was no dream. Dead men don't dream." He recorded his "dream", which is where my views on death come from.)

    Anyway, I hope that helps a little.
    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. His headstone is beautiful! I think of you three often. Maximo is so lucky that you are his parents!

    ReplyDelete