Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall Pleasures

 I love the fall!  I love the way the leaves sound when I step on them.  (And, yes, I do go out of my way to step on as many as I can.)  I love wearing sweaters and jackets.  I love fall foods like chili and cornbread and pumpkin rolls.  Speaking of pumpkin, I love the pumpkins too.  I love baking and eating the seeds, and I love carving.  This year I decided to take as much advantage of those loves as possible.  Therefore, I carved my 1st pumpkin for FHE on the first Monday in October.

 



We carved our second pumpkin with my family on Sunday.


This year, Telisa came up with the theme of "sunglasses" to base out pumpkins on.  This is Dracula.  He is wearing bat sunglasses.


Skyler has a pumpkin head!
My dad's pumpkin.  Mahna Mahna.

Here they are all together: a family of pumpkins.  Telisa's is a chef kitty, Melody's is the skeleton, and Mom's looks a lot like Mom.  What Halloween joy!


OOOO... spooky all lit up. It was surprisingly hard to get them all lit at once.
My mom sewed us each matching but unique aprons.  So cute!
As you can see, my sister Melody got to come visit.  It was great to get to spend a little time together.  How can I not be exited about fall after a post like this.  But wait!  There's more.  We also went up Provo canyon and took pictures.  The mountains are so beautiful.  I can't resist posting more pictures.



BAM!






I was feeling artistic.

I am pleased to say I took this picture.



Cheesy grins!



1 comment:

  1. #1. I love that you guys have themed pumpkin carving.
    #2. Your dad's pumpkin is hilarious. Made me chuckle.
    #3. Love all the canyon shots. Beautiful family. Beautiful canyon.
    The End.

    ReplyDelete