Monday, October 10, 2011

Tradition!

So, Lovetta and I decided to take some time out of our busy schedule and join in the BYU Homecoming festivities.  Every year, for many years now, BYU has an annual "Hike the Y" event where we all go and hike up Y Mountain to light it for Homecoming week.  We never did it as undergrads, so we figured that doing it as alums would be better than nothing.  Lovetta's family hadn't done it, either, so they came along for the fun!  It's a hike with a beautiful view of the Utah Valley.  Just look!




I wish we'd brought our nice camera instead of just having my cruddy iPod camera, but it's better than nothing.  We got to the top, about 10 minutes before they lit up the mountain.  It was pretty cool to see.


All-in-all, a very fun trip.

I've been trying to find something constructive to do with my time outside of work these days.  Truth be told, I've spent a lot of it playing video games.  And while that's a lot of fun, it doesn't quite fill my need to be productive with my life.  So, I've taken to writing a review blog.  It's all about the new things I'm discovering in life and how I feel about them.  While I feel like the writing is quite a bit amateurish, I'm hoping it will get better over time.  Feel free to check it out and give me some suggestions of things I should look into and review!  I'm hoping to write in it at least once a week, but we'll see how that goes.

Lastly, I'm finally getting an iPhone.  Here's to hoping it's everything I've dreamed of.  More on that later when it arrives, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment