Monday, June 1, 2009

Your Life A Splode


That's kind of what we've been feeling like lately. Ignoring the fact that we haven't updated our blog in *cough* 10 months, things have definitely been happening.

We decided to move our blog off of MobileMe, because it costs too much. Blogspot is free. Because of this move, we no longer have picture galleries for you to look at. QQ. We'll figure something out. Although, admittedly, we haven't taken that many pictures in a while. Maybe we'll upload our watermelon-testing videos to YouTube and post those here. Definite good times. Let me get you caught up on things a little bit.

August to April: We took a lot of classes. Lovetta got a year-long half-salary internship at Westridge Elementary. I got a student teaching opportunity at Timpanogos High School. We taught. It was fun.

April to Present: We graduated, finally. Lovetta had to still teach for about a month until her contract ended at Westridge . That's over now. She has a job at Noah Webster Academy in Orem teaching first grade. I have nothing. Except maybe a lot of time on my hands. If any of you out there want to BBQ this summer, let me know. I'm all about eating meat.

Great! Now you're caught up from last August to today. Easy enough right?

Well, we're kind of at an interesting point in life and in marriage. Since both of our jobs really don't have work time during the summer, we're trying to figure out what on Earth to spend our time doing. One solution: Seven Peaks Waterpark season passes. Oh yeah! It's all about lazing around in front of a pool and water slide all summer long. While this won't be taking up all of our time, we figure that the amount of money we spent on the passes will encourage us to spend a fair amount of time getting wet and getting tan.

In other news, our apartment is a mess. Let me explain to you mathematically. Free Furniture + Everything from Lovetta's Classroom Being Stored in the Apartment + New Exercise Bike X The Amount of Time I Spend Playing Video Games Instead of Cleaning/Organizing Because I'm Lazy = No Room for the Inhabitants of the Reyes-Cairo Houshold. Follow that? At least we have a place to sleep. Eat? Not so much. I think this next week is going to be deep clean week. It should be, anyway.

Well, we'll be updating things a lot more frequently now. We have the time for it after all. Catch ya round here soon.

4 comments:

  1. So, it has come to this... Nothing to do but update blogs and comment on said updated blogs. Haha. You're apartment sounds like ours. Funny since you live next door! I'm considering not filling the Earls' vacancy and declaring apartment 105 the designated teacher overflow area. lol. Unfortunately it would be probably be filled up within days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Lovetta and I are teaching at the same school!! I teach second grade though, so I'm around the corner from her! I'm way excited and I'll be sure to introduce her to everyone. She will love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice post, TomTom. I wish I could say that I learned things I didn't know before, but with your very vague and non-detailed account of August-April-Present...all I learned is that you're frequenting Seven Peaks. Which is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy things while they roll slowly, Bro! I'm sure you know what it's like to have so much to do with so little time. Sounds like you've got the right idea, though - Waterpark fun. Plus, a trip across the country will keep you two entertained. I can't wait! Hmmm...your apartment sounds familiar. My house could use a clean up, too. Keep the blog going! It's fun to hear how you two are. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete